22 September 2011

Monster

Sometimes you feel like a machine, designed to produce, slave away and die. When you work, that feeling is always there, like someone breathing down your neck.When pressure builds up, the feeling grows into a huge shadow of a monster, ready to consume your soul.

I don't know how to fight that monster. I'm not alone. In a world were living requires money, and money requires living, feeling consumed by what you do for a living is nothing new.

Trying to live life simply, without a job, and as cheap as possible is fun, but later, you get into trouble for being broke, or liability to other people around you.

I often wonder how I grew up too fast. how we all grew up too fast. If we don't stop to enjoy life every now and then, that monster becomes us. We become slaves of materials, of money, of wants and not needs. Unfortunately, in this age, there is a think line between the two, and they often collide, creating a sense stronger than a want or a need. And we can't have them unless we have funds.

Yes, I blame money for growing up too fast, and abandoning the simplicity of life as we knew it.
For everything, a price is paid.

The only thing in the end keeping me sane at this point is doing the things I love the most out side of work. If  i find a way to merge both, which I look forward to, I will never have to face my monster again.

"If you love your job, you won't have to work a day in your life."






No comments:

Post a Comment