4 January 2012

Don't you just love cats? - Experimental Photography

Today I decided to go back to photography. I've been doing if for quite some time, and I have to admit, I was just lucky to get good shots without full understanding what the camera actually does. 


Now I know a lot more. So far, ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed are understood. Though the Composition still needs more work. I think I got the rule of thirds in some images, but decided to have other images without that particular rule. 


Since it was in the afternoon, It wasn't that sunny. I was also shooting on Manual for a change!


The Settings were: 



Exposure: 1/20 
Aperture: F/5.6 (F/5.0 for some images) 
ISO: 200 


I like using the "Shade" White Balance to get the yellowish effect, which looks just a bit vintage. 



After slight edits on Photoshop, here are some of the pictures I took today: 


Contemplating ...
Yaaaaaaaaawwwn!
"Interesting!"
And yes those are my flipflops! "What was that?!" thought Kittie.
Abstract photography? 
And finally she leaves. Experimenting with Back lit images.

Well, I guess my cat got bored xD Settings are pretty much similar for all the pictures, as the were taken in one environment. 

Don't you just love pets? <3 And btw, my cat's name is Poopie. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow her eyes really stand out, I'm not such a great photographer but at least I try...www.knowandtellcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her eyes are originally that color, but due to the settings they came out too pale, so I had to retouch it with a hint of color on Photoshop, hence implementing a key design principle: emphasis by color.

      Cool blog you got there! Keep shooting, and you'll get better pictures with practice. That's what I do. =D

      Delete
  2. the third and fourth ones are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete