3 January 2012

A Squirrel's Daydream


My boyfriend has a cat with a lot of fur. His name is Squirrel because he looks like a squirrel (kinda). This wallpaper was initially made just for him <3 


It started as a sketch to plan out how the squirrel would look like. Of course, I've never seen a real live squirrel in my life, so I had to have a bunch of googled images to reference my drawing. 

The original sketch
As usual, the work was later traced on Photoshop using the pen tool. Of course it didn't turn out to be exactly like the sketch as I've tweaked it a bit. 


The most interesting question I was asked was "Why is he holding a bucket?" I replied: "To collect more acorns so he doesn't end up like that prehistoric squirrel from Ice Age!" 


The basic version
The final piece
Oh by the way! That writing on top is not actually on the wallpaper itself, it's just for the preview. Available in 9 sizes to download it HERE! 

See as my client was a loved one, I couldn't help but do and redo the elements of the image many times to make it just perfect. I had to make another "toned down version" as he was using it for both his desktop and his Google Nexus phone.

The Color Scheme

I've decided to include the color scheme here too. I love these colors, so having a ready color scheme is a pretty good way to keep them in mind. I'll definitely be using them for another project. 

They are as follows - from Left to right: 

Squirrel's Colors

Light Brown: #ab916e // Dark Brown: #847055

Background (Sky): 

Light Vanilla Peach: #feefc6 // Darker Vanilla Peach: #ffe7a9

Grass: 

Light Green: #80cb64  //  Darker Green: #80cb64 

And finally, I wanted to share how it looks like! I loved this wallpaper so much I made it my phone background. 

Pure Cuteness!





1 comment:

  1. Ahhh my fav wallpaper atm <3

    I LIKE the new side icons very clean

    ReplyDelete