21 December 2011

Vintage Floral Pattern - The Process


Fe days ago, I dedicated to d something I've been wanting to do a while back. I've always been fascinated with vintage things. Pictures, postcards, textures and decorative patterns. I decided to draw my own pattern, and at first I thought: "Maybe it might not work out ..." but in the end my doubts faded.


The process started like this: 


The initial pencil drawing


I decided to simplify it a bit, because I was still having doubts:



The simplified version of the pattern. 
A Shot from above (Yes I drew only half)
From paper to Photoshop: 
I'm usually Gridless xD
The Pattern 



This is the final result! I've made a Photoshop pattern out of it, downloadable HERE . You can use this for anything you want at all, but I'd love to see what you've done with it too!
And the Final outcome!

1 comment:

  1. Upon second viewing,i see how really good it is, btw the initial drawing looks great, why not make something out of it.

    ReplyDelete